Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Forever Post




It has been forever since I posted, guess I have just been living life or has life been living me. The past 6 months have gone by as if it were a breeze, at times a storm. So much has changed and I barely know where to start. We have experienced joy: a new dog Cheyenne (an abused golden who has now started to come out of her shell), a walking, talking little man (Nathaniel is a little person, no longer a baby) and an amazing daughter growing up before our eyes, now a girl. Joe has had many successes with his photography, completing his masters, having an amazing show (I am so proud) and gaining praise from all others. I have grown as a person, watching and enjoying my family rather than being in the spotlight (which has been my MO in the past). Now for the storms: illness struck our family. We lost Stanley's grandson, Madison, to cancer in Feb. So sad to see a young child die (it is not realistic to me but death never is). My grandmother's alzheimer's has progressed and my grandfather refuses any action so we are haunted with phone calls, strange actions and a woman who I loved not knowing me or wanting to. My mother takes the brunt of this and I worry for her health. We to have gone through sickness, Nathaniel had a scary case of RSV and we all had the stomach flu when Joe was away.
My final storm has been my daughter's connection to her foster mother. What seemed positive turned into a situation that made us feel a little used. It has broken my heart and I am afraid will some day break hers. I am still holding hope though.
But overall I would say our life has been good. I find during my walks that I can a calm joy in life. I hate that life passes by so quickly and often long for a pause or a rewind button. Can't I go back and relive amazing moments over and over? That would be my super power. Ok before I end this with photos I must give a shout out to all the amazing friends we have. I feel I have some of the best friends I have ever had in my life, so thank you. I am so happy to have new friendships, regained old friends (even if it is only through facebook) and had the opportunity to be there during their breezes and storms. Cause let's be honest friendships and family are only real if you brave it all. Til later, hopefully not 6 months.
Julie

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Beautiful pictures! The kids are really growing!